2011 SHANGRI-LA II DRIFT RULES
- Snell M2005 or better helmet required. Helmet must be in good condition and show no signs of damage. Chin strap must be present and fastened.
- All drivers are required to wear long pants, closed toe shoes and sleeved shirts. Long sleeve shirts are not required.
- Driver must be 16 or older and posses a valid driver's license.
- One Passenger is allowed, approved helmet is required.
Vehicle Rules - For All Cars
- Open to any rear wheel driver car. Front wheel drive (fwd) is not allowed.
- General vehicle Inspection - May include inspection of brakes, suspension, engine, drivetrain and chassis for proper operation, condition and potential issues.
- Everything loose in car must be removed, includes floor mats, dirty clothes, old cd cases, empty packs of smokes, cans and anything else that might be floating around in your car.
- No fluids can be leaking or dripping from the car. If signs of a fluid leak are present, evidence must be shown that leak no longer exists.
- Battery must be securely tied down with plastic or metal strap and proper hardware.
- If battery is located in driver's compartment, battery must be sealed and non-venting. Non-sealed batteries are allowed in driver's compartment if in a fully sealed box, properly mounted and vented outside the car.
- Hood and trunk must be securely latched either using the OE latch or aftermarket pins or latches.
- Brake lights must be operational. At least 2 brake lights must come on when using brake pedal.
- Headlights must be operational.
- OE key must completely shut off car immediately. If OE key assembly is not used, a kill switch must be used to immediately shut off car. It needs to be easily accessible from outside of the car.
- Wheel bearings must have zero play. Ball joints and suspension bushings must be in good condition and have no excessive play or clunking.
- All lug nuts must be present and properly torqued.
- Coolant overflow required on all cars. Oil overflow required on cars which have removed or modified OE oil recovery system.
- Gas cap must be present and completely sealed.
- Harnesses must be properly mounted and not expired. Harnesses must be FIA or SFI rated and within the date range specified on the belts. They must be mounted using correct hardware. If using eye bolts and bolting through the floor, must use fender washers on both sides to spread the load. Harness shoulder straps must be mounted to a roll cage or separate harness bar and can not be outside of 20* of horizontal.
- The seat can not be used as a guide for the harness. No harness mounting points can be attached to the seat or seat rails, they must be attached to the chassis.
- If stock seats are still in car, stock seat belt must be used, aftermarket harness is not allowed. If race seats are intended to be used with stock seat belt, the lap belt part of the seat belt must pass through the holes in the side of the race seat. 4, 5 or 6-point harnesses are required for car with a roll cage installed. 5-point belt recommended.
- If harnesses are not properly installed and in compliance with FIA or SFI specifications you will not be allow to compete. Please refer to manufacture specs for proper installation and maintenance procedures.